The FCC is part of the World Evangelical Congregational Fellowship. This world family is composed of Congregational Christians with a commitment to historic, evangelical Christianity and to world evangelisation.
The purpose of the Fellowship is to:
- Promote fellowship and co-operative endeavour in the faith, polity and work of evangelical Congregational associations and churches throughout the world.
- Preserve the historic Congregational commitment to the Lordship of Christ and the infallibility of His Word
- Present to the world a witness to our oneness in Christ as evangelical Congregationalists.
Member churches of the WECF are found on every continent. Currently Member countries of the WECF represent approximately 1,800 churches plus outreaches and mission points.
Member countries include:
- Guam and Saipan (Associate Members)
- India (Manipur)
- Nepal (Provisional Member)
- New Zealand
- Northern Ireland
- South Africa
- United Kingdom
- United States
The previous Triennial Meeting was held held in Orlando, Florida, USA, in February, 2016.
The next Triennial meeting will be held in Dinas Powys, Wales, UK, in May, 2019
The following Executive Committee was elected for a three-year term in 2016:
President: Rev. Mike Plant (UK)
Vice-President: Rev. Dr. Ron Hamilton (USA)
Secretary: Rev. Alan Best (Australia)
Treasurer: Rev. Dr. Stephen Gammon (USA)
Assistant Treasurer: Mr. Bill Brandon (USA)
Members-At-Large: Rev. Pavle Kostadinov (Macedonia); Rev. Osvaldo Lopes dos Santos (Brazil) and Rev. Georgi Zhelev (Bulgaria)
WECF Representative to the Pacific Islanders: Rev. Kohne Ramon
WECF Ambassadors: Rev. A. Barry Jones (USA) and Rev. David Saunders (UK)
Editor, “Our Congregational World”: Kerrian Cartledge (Australia)